So continuing to work on the extension, I needed to use some from the add-on SDK built in to Firefox. After a lot of research I figured out how to load that module of the SDK and use it to interact with the browser and get the DOM of the page. After adding this line of codeXPCOMUtils.defineLazyModuleGetter(this, "tabs", "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/tabs.js");
I built the extension and installed it, but the code had no effect. Looking at the error log I noticed this
After clicking the tabs.js where the line error is I see this
So the extension itself doesn't know what module is. I believe that this is because currently the extension is not made and built with the Firefox add-on SDK. That's why I will concentrate on converting the whole extension so far to the new add-on model. This work has already begun.
Git repo: https://github.com/mbbaig/Publisher/tree/release0.2
Release 0.1: https://mbbaig.ghost.io/release-0-1/